Niwaki Sharpening Stone 1000
Fantastic sharpening stones specially designed for Secateurs, but also great for Shears, Topiary Clippers and other sharp tools. The concave edge follows the curve of the blade perfectly, making it easy to get into tight spots.
Niwaki design and source practical and beautifully designed garden tools and accessories. Working with skilled crafts people in Japan to create hard working, quatlity tools for gardeners all over the world.
- Made in Osaka, Japan
- 131 x 20 x 23mm, 136g.
- See instructions below, but the golden rule is to soak thoroughly each time before use and not to drop them.
Instructions for use on secateurs (From Niwaki):
NB. We strongly advise NOT taking your secateurs apart - they never go back together quite the same.
- Soak stones in water for a few minutes before use, and keep wet during use.
- Use the concave edge of the stone, moving from the pivot towards the tip of the blade, following the curve as you go.
- FOR STRAIGHT BLADED SHEARS use the flat side of the stone.
- Then back again - back and forth along the whole length of the blade.
- Use as much of the stone as possible, not just the top inch.
- This is a gentle action - don’t use too much pressure.
- Next, turn the secateurs over, and use the flat side of the stone to smooth the burr off the inside of the blade, going slightly over, creating a very fine bevel.
- Use the convex edge of the stone to clean off the curved edge of the bypass.
- Finally, clean and dry the secateurs, and wipe with Camellia Oil.